WD Red Pro NAS
WD Red™ Pro drives are specifically designed for NAS systems with up to 24 bays. Engineered to handle high-intensity workloads in 24×7 environments, WD Red™ Pro is ideal for archiving, protecting, and sharing data with a large number of users or multiple data-hungry applications.
23 in stock
Take Control of Rapidly Growing Data
Built for power users and medium-sized businesses struggling to manage rapidly growing amounts of data, WD Red™ Pro drives are specifically designed for NAS systems with up to 24 bays. Engineered to handle high-intensity workloads in 24×7 environments, WD Red™ Pro is ideal for archiving, protecting, and sharing data with a large number of users or multiple data-hungry applications. These drives add value to your business by enabling your employees to quickly share files, back up folders, and access data quickly and reliably in your NAS system.
Exclusive NASware™ 3.0 Technology
Our exclusive advanced firmware technology, NASware™ 3.0, enables seamless integration, robust data protection, and optimal performance for NAS systems operating under heavy demand. Built into every WD Red™ Pro hard drive, NASware 3.0’s advanced technology improves storage performance by increasing compatibility, integration, upgradeability, and reliability.
Built for Optimum NAS Compatibility
WD Red™ Pro drives with NASware™ technology take the guesswork out of selecting a drive. Optimized for NAS systems, our unique algorithm balances performance and reliability in NAS and RAID environments. Simply put, a WD Red™ Pro drive is one of the most compatible drives available for NAS enclosures. But don’t take our word for it. WD Red™ Pro drives are a reflection of extensive NAS partner technology engagement and compatibility-testing.
Larger NAS Bay Shock Protection
WD Red™ Pro drives are equipped with a multi-axis shock sensor that automatically detects subtle shock events and dynamic fly height technology which adjusts each read-write function to compensate and protect the data. This combination of technol- ogy further protects the drives in larger 24-bay NAS environments and helps increase hard drive reliability.
3D Active Balance Plus
Our enhanced dual-plane balance control technology significantly improves the overall drive performance and reliability. Hard drives that are not properly balanced may cause excessive vibration and noise in a multi-drive system, reduce the hard drive life span, and degrade the performance over time.
Error Recovery Prevention
Built specifically for RAID and NAS environments, WD Red™ Pro drives come equipped with error recovery controls as part of NASware™ 3.0 technology to help reduce drive fallout in RAID applications.
Extended Drive Testing
A NAS system that has up to 24 bays is very demanding on a hard drive with added vibration and heat. This is why every WD Red™ Pro drive is shipped with extended thermal cycle burn-in testing to help ensure each drive is tested for extended reliable operation.
Boost Your NAS
WD Red™ drives are available in capacities up to 22TB1 utilizing the OptiNAND™ technology’s Drive Capacity-enabling feature.
- Available in capacities ranging from 2-22TB with support for NAS systems with up to 24 bays
- Supports up to 300TB/yr workload rate
- Enhanced reliability with 3D Active Balance™ Plus technology and error recovery controls with NASware™ 3.0 technology
- Extended drive testing to ensure each drive is tested for extended reliable operation
- 5-year limited manufacturer warranty
Desktop Drives vs. WD Red™ Pro
It is important to choose a drive purpose-built for NAS with the features you need to help preserve your data and maintain optimum performance. Take the following into consideration when choosing a hard drive for your NAS:
- Compatibility: Unlike desktop drives, these drives are specifically tested for compatibility with NAS systems for optimum performance.
- Reliability: Desktop drives aren’t typically designed for the demands of an always-on NAS environment. WD Red™ Pro NAS hard drives are tested under tough conditions like you might experience in your environment.
- Error Recovery Controls: WD Red™ Pro NAS hard drives are specifically designed with RAID error recovery control to help reduce failures within the NAS system.
- Noise and Vibration Protection: Designed to operate solo, desktop drives typically offer little or no protection from the noise and vibration present in a multi-drive system. WD Red™ Pro drives are designed to thrive in multi-bay NAS system environments.